- Fruit Bowl
- Gingered Milk
- Flavoured Milk
- Paneer Palak
- Chocolate Ice Milk
- Nutty Chocolate Fudge
- Tender Coconut Souffle
- Custard Apple Milk Shake
- Carrot Milk Shake
- Thandai Milk
1 litre full fat milk
1/2 cup sugar
3 pods cardamom
5 almonds blanched
3 pistachios skinned
10-15 threads saffron
- Soak saffron in 2 tsp. hot milk, keep aside.
- Chop finely or crush coarsely, the almonds and pistachios.
- Peel and powder cardamom seeds with a mallet.
- Add to chopped dryfruit.
- Run saffron with base of a mallet, in cup, till dissolved in milk.
- Put milk to boil in a large deep pan, stirring occasionally.
- When it starts boiling, reduce heat and boil.
- Stir frequently, till milk is 2/3 in volume.
- Add all other ingredients to boiling milk.
- Boil further for 3-4 minutes.
- Take off fire. Cool a little.
- Pour into a large decorative serving bowl.
- Allow to cool completely, chill in refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
- To avoid a layer forming on the surface, stir frequently while cooling.
- Serve chilled in individual cups with rose petal to decorate on top, if desired
150 ml. milk
1/4 tsp. dry ginger powder
3-4 pinches chai masala
1 cardamom pounded (or 3 pinches powder)
1-1/2 tsp. sugar
- Mix all ingredients well in a heating container.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce and simmer for 1 minute.
- Cover and keep for 1 minute.
- Strain and pour into cup.
- Serve hot, on cold wet, days or nights.
- This drink brings a tingling vigour in sultry climates.
500 ml. very well chilled whole milk
4-5 drops essence of flavour desired
4-5 drops of related food colour to match flavour
- Mix all ingredients, chill till required.
Just before serving:
- Run an electric handblender in the contents.
- Blend till the milk is frothy and light.
- Pour into glass rinsed with chilled water.
- Serve immediately while still frothy.
1 bunch fresh spinach
100 gms paneer
1 onion, grated
2 green chillies
1” piece ginger
1 flake garlic
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
salt to taste
- Blanche spinach in very little water.
- Put into mixer with chilli, garlic, ginger..
- Keep aside till required or refrigerate.
- Heat oil in a pan, add paneer and fry till slightly brown in color.
- Add onion, stir cook for a minute.
- Add ground paste, cook till it comes to a boil.
- Add all other ingredients, cover and simmer.
- When gravy is thick and excess water has evaporated, take off fire.
- Pour into serving dish, garnish with grated paneer.
Basmati rice – ¾ cup
Milk – 1 ½ litre
Sweetened Condensed milk – 1 tin.
Cardamom, saffron – little
Almond and pistachio nuts to garnish
- Wash the rice, soak in water for 1 hour. Drain well and crush with your hands. ( It will become like broken rice)
- Boil milk in a thick bottomed pan.Add the rice cook for 10 minutes. , stirring now and then till the rice is very soft.
- Add condensed milk. Let the payasam come to a boil.. Add cardamom, saffron and nuts. Serve hot or cold.
Chocolate Ice Milk
1 quart milk
4 ounce unsweetened chocolate
1 1/3 cups sugar
- Heat milk and sugar together in a vessel over low heat.
- In another vessel, melt the chocolate slowly over low heat. When smooth, gradually add the milk-sugar mixture to the chocolate, stirring constantly to keep the chocolate smooth. Cook over medium heat until the mixture smooth. Cool thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and keep it in the freezer.
half litre chilled milk
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. instant coffee powder
3 tbsp. sugar
3 tbsp. hot water
- Mix cocoa, coffee, sugar thoroughly.
- Add hot water and beat well with a spoon or spatula.
- The mixture should be fully dissolved and frothy.
- Add 2 crushed icecubes, beat well.
- Add milk, mix well, chill in fridge till desired.
- Just before serving,either frappe in a shaker or blend in mixie till frothy.
- Pour into tall chilled glasses, serve very chilled.
Nutty Chocolate Fudge
Condensed milk 1 Tin
Cocoa powder 3 Tbsps
Vanilla essence ½ Tsp
Fresh milk 500 ml.
Few chopped cashew nut
- Boil milk, sugar and Cocoa powder.
- Allow it to simmer for 5-10 minutes
- Add condensed milk, stir continuously till thick
- Add butter and mix. Remove from heat,
- Add nuts and essence, pour on greased tray
- Cool and cut in to desired shape.
Tender Coconut Souffle
Condensed Milk 1 tin
Tender coconut water (with malai) 2 tin
Milk 2 tin
Gelatin (dissolve in warm water) 3 Tbsp
- Warm the tender coconut water
- Add gelatin, keep for ½ hour
- Add all the other ingredients and beat for a while
- Add crushed malai(coconut), and fold in.
- Set in the Refrigerator
Custard Apple Milk Shake
Ripe custard apple 3
Thick milk 2 glasses
Sugar to taste
Ice cube, Vanilla ice cream
Remove the seeds from the custard apple, beat these contents in a mixer and strain. Put ice cubes, custard apple pulp and sugar, beat again in maxi. Serve with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Carrot Milk Shake
Carrots ¼ Kg.
Sugar ½ cup
Cashew nuts / raisings ½ cup
Milk as desired
- Pressure cook the carrots. Add sugar, milk and blend in the mixer.
- Cool it in the refrigerator Serve with chopped nuts and raisins.
Khus –Khus 1 Tbsp (soak in ¼ cup water)
Almond 20 (soak and peel)
Pepper corn 1 Tbsp
Water melon Seed 3 cups
Milk 3 cups
Water 1 cup
Sugar to taste
Salt A pinch
- Grind the above ingredients into a fine paste.
- Mix with milk, water, sugar.
- Serve chilled